|Founded||Toronto, Ontario, Canada (1985)|
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
Jimmy the Greek is a quick service restaurant franchise serving Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. In 1963, Jim Antonopoulos from Nafplio, Greece, arrived in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He started the Epikourion, Exquisite Greek Restaurant & Bar in First Canadian Place of the busy Bay Street district of Toronto. The success of the restaurant spun off the current franchise which now has 55 locations across Canada in Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario, including more than 50 in the Greater Toronto Area. There are also locations in Dubai, UAE. Its outlets are almost exclusively located in the food courts of office towers and AAA malls. Their menu offers a variety of Greek plates, including chicken and pork souvlaki, schnitzel, lamb dishes, calamari, moussaka and more. They also offer pitas stuffed with different items, traditional Greek style. Additionally, they provide catering services for large parties.
- Kane, Marion (August 30, 1989). "Sherway Gardens food court opens", Toronto Star, p. B8.
- (March 14, 2005). "Jimmy the Greek concentrates on Ottawa, Greater Toronto; could consider west coast", Monday Report on Retailers 32 (11): 4–5.
- Walpole, Mary (May 24, 1980). "Dining around town: Eureka! Epikourion", Toronto Star, p. D16.
- Ogilvie, Megan (April 22, 2011). "The Dish: Greek salad and spinach pie have many calories and too much fat", Toronto Star, p. L4.
- Landfried, Janet (December 19, 2009). "Dubai: malls, malls and more malls", Redlands Daily Facts.