This page is an archive of the discussion about the proposed deletion of the article below. This page is no longer live. Further comments should be made on the article's talk page rather than here so that this page is preserved as an historic record.
The result of the debate was delete. ugen64 23:45, 22 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Non-notable, suspect vanity. "'matthew smith' biochemistry" doesn't seem to return any two results on the same person, though I suspect this is him. -- Scott eiπ 03:57, Mar 10, 2005 (UTC)
Comment: Decision should also apply to Matthew Smith (Biochemist) (Which I'm going to go make a redirect to the article this vfd applies to as soon as I'm done here.) RJFJR 05:17, Mar 10, 2005 (UTC)
- There seem to be a number of Matthew Smiths, Mathew Smith associate professor at Wilfrid Laurier Univeristy should be deleted, there is a Matthew R Smith, assistant professor at Massachusetts General Hospital  who I would also delete, they are both early career scientists and haven't made any huge discoveries yet. --nixie 05:32, 10 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- I think that Matthew Smith is actually an awesome biochemist, and that the deletion of this article would be a travesty and a crime against humanity and science.
- This article smells of vanity to me...Delete Tygar 09:41, Mar 10, 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. Any such article that cannot even state which organisation the alleged scientist works for should be deleted. Average Earthman 10:20, 10 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Delete as vanity. Radiant! 11:12, Mar 10, 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. Looks like vanity. - NormanEinstein 16:01, 10 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Keep. --Ryan! | Talk 19:22, Mar 10, 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. Non-notable chemist. Possible vanity. Gamaliel 23:42, 10 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Delete, vanity. Wyss 01:19, 11 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. Vanity. Jayjg (talk) 03:50, 11 Mar 2005 (UTC)
This page is now preserved as an archive of the debate and, like some other VfD subpages, is no longer 'live'. Subsequent comments on the issue, the deletion, or the decision-making process should be placed on the relevant 'live' pages. Please do not edit this page.